02 March 2009

Trains, Planes and Boats.

I sketch people pretty much every time I am on a train, a plane or a boat (in this case on our cruise last December). I don't use any pencil and alternate between a brush pen (refillable Copic) and a 05 Micron. It's a great way to pass the time and if you're lucky you get some nice characters for future projects.











These last 4 were done on the last night of our cruise at the "American Idol" Karaoke contest. Ted, the guy in the black turtle neck doing the air guitar, stole the show.




4 comments:

Jason Wardell said...

Looking good Chuck.... Your going have to slow down alittle, so I can catch up... :)

Michael Dooney said...

really nice sketches the micron and brush ones. I admire folks that can do nice linear sketchbook drawings, but I've pretty much settled on the brush pen technique since it's so fast and artsy...of course there's no margin for error when working directly in ink, but I think that helps me to not to be so precious about the drawings...just do another one if (when!) you screw up ;)

Jim Lawson said...

Beeootious stuff Chuck. It's so great you do this- I'm just too lazy. Talbot and I had a word exchange the other day about how good you are. Rock on.

WHITEHAWK said...

Chuck - I love the characters - so unique. You def capture humanity in cartoon form.