17 June 2008

10 hours.

Last summer my wife, Daisy, and I went to Charlotte, North Carolina for an extremely restful vacation. Daisy drove the entire 10 hours home to our home in Mount Laurel, New Jersey and I took the opportunity to sketch all of the fun stuff we encountered on the ride. I have become quite accustomed to drawing on trains (three days a week during the school year) but drawing while she drove at 70+ miles per hour in a small SUV was a hoot. Here are the sketchbook pages from the trip. I did have to clean up some of the lettering.















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You created a lot of nice sketches in your car Chuck.

Just thought I'd let you know.

-Christian

Eric Talbot said...

Thanks for stopping by the old blog chuck. Yeah the trip was a bit too long. Man you either have a smooth driving wife/car or a steady hand. My car sketches always look like I'm on 12 cups of coffee. Good to hear from you.

Eric

Chuck Dillon said...

ha ha ha! Thanks, Eric. It means a lot coming from you.

Michael Dooney said...

Man I love these, this is exactly what a sketchbook should look like. We need to see more of these, I think that we just need to keep you on the road...maybe we can get Moleskine to foot the bill for a globe trekking gig ;)