09 August 2010

Which Art Student Are You? Cover Art



I have finally been able to get this book finished. Special thanks to my wife Daisy, Anni Matsick, and Janelle Saaybe for helping me with the editing. Grammar is not one of my strong points so I am so very grateful for the help. At this point the only thing left to do is make the grammar/spelling corrections and send it off to the printers.

Thankfully I found some extra time to make a new cover instead of using a collage of the existing art (as I had posted in the past). The scene is a typical freshman fine art figure drawing class at Hussian, although this scene is filled with the best of the worst stereotypes studied over the past 10 years. I choose this rear view because we are able to see the artists' work or lack there of. Obviously not every student is present since it was a Wednesday so Comic Book Student was at the comic book store, Whiny Student broke her epidermis, Disappearing Reappearing Student never showed up, Alien Student was at the snack machine, Returning Student was in court for a DUI charge, Mom Student was running a little late, and the Grade Hungry Student stormed out of the room when she received her first critique.

The book will feature 25 student types (a few new student types have been added if you were wondering where the Grade Hungry Student came from) and a 12 page look at each student some 15 years later.

I'll keep you posted on when the book is available.

5 comments:

DaveC said...

FIRST !

I am glad that I am exempt from your "types" since I went to school for engineering !

You should add the "No Formal Art Training Guy Who "THINKS" He's an Artist" in the future reprint with Addenda !

Is this where the 5000 nickels went ?

Chuck Dillon said...

Ha ha ha! No, but those 5000 nickels will definitely help!

Brett W. Thompson said...

Awesome, the book looks great!!!

And I loooove your drawings!!

Dwight said...

This is so AWESOME! When I saw this, I was just off college with an art degree and I was laughing and reminiscing about these real characters in life. Now, I'm an art teacher and it's funny that these characters are still around.

Good stuff!

Dwight said...

This is so AWESOME! When I saw this, I was just off college with an art degree and I was laughing and reminiscing about these real characters in life. Now, I'm an art teacher and it's funny that these characters are still around.

Good stuff!