26 May 2009

Illustration Friday: Cracked

This one needs some explanation but I'll keep it simple. When I was 4 years old I was hit by a car. I still have a large scar and crack in my forehead. The following two panels are from a story I am putting together about just not only the crack in my forehead but my theory on why I continue to hit my head...



If you'd like to follow my cracked head exploits feel free to stop by my "Head Injury" log on facebook. Here's a photo of the scar on my head (please note that the tiny cut pictured was recently acquired when I hit my head on my desk, the scar is below). Don't laugh, it's not funny.



2 comments:

Anish Daolagupu said...

went through your "official head injury" log...
you poor guy... how do you manage?

hope all your accidents don't lead to anything serious...

talking about head injuries... i had an accident once, when the car i was travelling in, rammed a steam roller... i hit my head... and broke a nail(?)... that particular part of my head doesn't have any sensation anymore... that accident was some 6 years ago... :P

Sean Seidell said...

Hi Chuck,

I just saw the comment that you left on Tao and Then. I'm a little slow sometimes. About 19 days slow. I appreciate your comment about the unlikeliness of getting syndicated. I think at this point I've been rejected about 7 times if I count Uclick, however that one seemed like a premature rejection, so I'll go with 6 rejections thus far.

Thank you for sharing your experience with nearly becoming syndicated - how maddening was that? I too have been rejected by Creators, Features, and King, but at a form letter level. Once I received a very comprehensive review and rejection from Creators, but that as close as I ever got to syndication. I drew for my college paper for a year and several children's education books that were distributed throughout Asia, but that's about it.

I think I need the creative process more than I need the syndication at this point. It'd be nice, but it's not a necessity. I am however finding that I'm selling a fair number of mugs on my site. Didn't really expect that.

Love the bad illustrations you've been posting. Especially the Richard Scary piglet who wants to be a butcher when he grows up. So twisted. I love it.