04 August 2009

A day off in Pennypack Park.

I can't believe it has been 9 years since I did this sketchbook story but I guess it's just proof that I am getting older. This was back when I was still living in Philadelphia struggling to make it as an illustrator. Pennypack Park is still one of my favorite places to ride my bike and I try to make it there a couple times every year. (Fun Fact: Built in 1697, the King's Highway Bridge, which crosses over the Pennypack Creek on Frankford Avenue, is the oldest stone bridge in all of the Americas. Anyone that traveled north out of Philadelphia used this bridge including our Founding Fathers. I used to wait for the bus on this bridge everyday in high school.)












1 comment:

Suzy in Seoul said...

I wish I had the patience to draw a complete story. Was giggling throughout the whole thing, btw.
Cute!