21 October 2009

Latest Art Student



At my height I am often mistaken for a student, especially in the beginning of the year by the Freshman. When I first started teaching it was a struggle for me to maintain respect and discipline the students. Short people simply do not get the respect that tall people get and I'm okay with it, it's just a fact of life.

Let me share one of my experiences with you:

Once, after a long day of teaching, I was on the train drawing and the elderly woman sitting next to me asked if I was an art student.
"No," I kindly replied, "I'm actually an art professor."
To which she responded, "Well, you don't LOOK like a professor."
So I quickly said with a smile, "Well. you don't look like a rude person but here we are!"
I followed it with a laugh and thankfully she laughed with me. What a funny memory for both of us.
You really can say anything with a smile.

Post a Comment