21 October 2009

Latest Art Student



At my height I am often mistaken for a student, especially in the beginning of the year by the Freshman. When I first started teaching it was a struggle for me to maintain respect and discipline the students. Short people simply do not get the respect that tall people get and I'm okay with it, it's just a fact of life.

Let me share one of my experiences with you:

Once, after a long day of teaching, I was on the train drawing and the elderly woman sitting next to me asked if I was an art student.
"No," I kindly replied, "I'm actually an art professor."
To which she responded, "Well, you don't LOOK like a professor."
So I quickly said with a smile, "Well. you don't look like a rude person but here we are!"
I followed it with a laugh and thankfully she laughed with me. What a funny memory for both of us.
You really can say anything with a smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you say this dude best describes you? Awesome stuff by the way, love it. Especially the stoner with the cat tail or whatever the hell was in the briefcase, lol, I love it

Andrea said...

Great story!

Chuck Dillon said...

Yes, Matthew, this describes me as a teacher.

Thanks!