05 January 2012

Craft and Cook spread


For the past year or so I have been the illustrator of Highlights High Five's monthly craft and cook spread. One thing that I have discovered while working on these is that it is deceivingly hard to draw someone pouring something. Most of the time I find myself acting out the action in a mirror or googling an action online but photos like that are hard to come by. Also, with drawing these steps I found that I was drawing lots and lots of bowls, spoons, and measuring cups which brings up an interesting point: Why is it that the things that we look at every single day are the most difficult to draw? Cartoonist Chris Ware said he draws an everyday object everyday which I think is a wonderful habit to get into.

 Anyway, posted here are some of the many craft and cooking steps I have drawn...











Post a Comment