09 January 2012

Marriage Advice.

There is a story behind this one, bare with me or you really won't get it. On their wedding day my friends, Scott and Tracie, provided a book for the guests to write marriage advice. This October is their tenth anniversary so Tracie recently looked thought it and stumbled on this comic. I had forgotten that I had drawn it for them until Tracie showed it to me this past Sunday...

Now the story behind the punchline: During Tracie's weekend bachelorette getaway in a quaint cabin located at Nockamixon State Park, her soon-to-be husband Scott, myself and another friend, Michael traveled up for a surprise/prankly visit. To make a long story short we proceeded to scare Tracie silly by having Scott pop out of the woods dressed in a complete BigFoot outfit (one I still own to this day). The result was Tracie losing her mind, jumping on Scott and pretty much beating him up. It was kind of awesome. We have it all on tape.

After a nice letter explaining any marriage advice that I (as a single person at the time) could give, I drew them this comic...




I had my phone number listed for Scott which I blotted out for the post.

3 comments:

Lyn Martin Illustration said...

I love this, Chuck! (think the costume would fit me?)

pj said...

Ha ha! Well done! And thanks for the back story.

Chuck Dillon said...

Thanks, PJ and Lyn!

It that costume fits me it should fit you but Bigfoot will probably look like he recently lost a ton of weight.