14 December 2009

Miniature Golf - January Highlights Magazine



This one took me a while. The fun part of a "What's Wrong" illustration is that you can add some pretty off the wall things but they must be obvious for the kids to get. The problem with this one (as instructed by the art director) was that miniature golf courses already have unusual things on them (windmills, etc.) so I needed to make this work in a way that still looked "wrong." I decided making a generic miniature golf course and focusing on the people and their accessories worked best, but this was after a few trial and errors.

This illustration will appear in the January issue of Highlights for Children which should be in stores now.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Very Cool! Nicely done. Peace, maka

bizr007 said...

Hey Chuck, did you do this with watercolor or all in the computer. I was wondering, cause it looks like your old watercolors. LOL.

Chuck Dillon said...

I used Photoshop on this one but I used the dissolve brush mode and lowered the opacity.