21 January 2009

Corner Store.


I'm currently working on a bunch of Hidden Pictures for Highlights. I don't want to show the full sketches until they're approved, but here's a piece of one. 

I've never drawn a Deli before so this was a lot of fun. Growing up in the city we had what we called, "corner stores," which were stores at the end of the block that had all the essentials, including all the typical Deli stuff. I wasted a lot of money in those, I remember stupidly spending a rare two dollar bill to buy a couple of water ices for my friends and I.

I finally replaced that two dollar bill. I found one in Israel of all places, in the valley of the Dead Sea, next to Masada.

2 comments:

Robert Squier said...

Great job filling the deli with details–it feels authentic and natural. It's a challenge to create a cluttered environment that's not confusing. But I could have done without those pickled eggs–YUCK!

Anonymous said...

That's cool! I love those hidden pictures with Highlights...they send stuff out to teachers and give us free stuff...and my favorite part of the magazine - hidden pictures! NEAT!