19 June 2009

Vacation.



I'm going on vacation.

Meanwhile, you should read, The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It is depressingly good. I read it some time last year. I found it very difficult to read on the train since I would often well up with tears (Dad/son issues, you know). Usually as I read a book I draw several images from it in my sketchbook, but this is the only one that I was able to since it had hit me so hard.

I will be reading Epileptic and probably drawing heavy set people in their swim suits on the beach.

4 comments:

Robert Squier said...

I just finished reading The Road last week. Yes, it was depressing but as someone that has spent time contemplating the apocalypse, I found it somehow comforting. Start stocking up on canned beans and shoes and you should be fine. That is until the cannibals find you.

Ever see Stephen King's the Mist? It's kinda like a B-movie version of The Road.

Anonymous said...

'the Road' is coming out this fall as a movie (in case you didn't know) cant wait!

enriko said...

amazing blog! glad i found it.

houseofduck said...

Epileptic is an amazing book. One of my all time favorite GN's. Of course being Epileptic I might be a little biased, but there was a lot there that really spoke to me. I hope that you enjoy it.