22 May 2010

Illustration of the Year Award.


Last week I was honored with the Highlights High Five Pewter Plate Award for the "That's Silly" Illustration of the Year. It honestly brought tears to my eyes. Just to know someone out there cares about your work really means a lot. I had no idea Highlights sent out awards so I was very surprised to receive it.

The award was for the illustration above which was published in the October 2009 issue. More on my process of making this piece can be seen here.

Thank you to everyone at Highlights and High Five for challenging me with crazy busy illustration assignments. I promise to never get lazy.

4 comments:

Malachi Ward said...

That's amazing! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Well deserved- your work is fabulous.

nancycote@comcast.net said...

Chuck,
I couldn't be happier for you. I love this illustration!! Can I be a character in one of your scenes sometime?

Unknown said...

Congrats Chuck! Peace, maka