23 February 2010

City Park - What's Wrong?


This illustration will be featured on the back cover of this March's Highlights for Children. One thing to note in this one is Ranger Kent sitting and watching an old western next to the statue base. I've finished one more of these What's Wrong back covers and I am currently working on two more. I'll post a little snippet from each when I get a chance.

Anyway, below is the line art. I keep certain elements out such as the kite string to be added in later.



Below is the printed piece.


Also, this was in February's High Five if you didn't see it. I'm glad the colors came out well. This one was colored with a new technique and I wasn't sure how it would print. You can see/read more about this piece here.


1 comment:

Tabitha Cook said...

that's awesome! I love how it looks so innocently normal at first glance... the longer I looked the more I kept finding things! Very fabulous. :)